Claims Commitment Statement
SHA recognises that prompt, efficient and fair handling of claims is not only a right of the Insured, but it is also critical to the success of SHA’s business. To this end SHA is committed to differentiate its service offering through a transparent, accountable and skilled Claims team where the interests of the Insured and Santam as its principal are paramount and the contractual obligations form the basis of all claims decisions.
SHA acknowledges that the claims service that it provides on behalf of Santam is an intermediary service as defined in the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 37 of 2002 (“the FAIS Act”). SHA is committed to providing its claims service to the standards as set out in the FAIS Act and any such legislation, industry codes and subordinate legislation as may be issued from time to time including the Treating Customers Fairly framework.
General Commitment and Principles underlying SHA’s Claims Service:
- Claims are dealt with in accordance with the terms of the Policy contract
- All Claims decisions will be fair, unbiased and based on the facts
- The interest of the Insured will be given due consideration in all decisions relating to claims
- Prompt and efficient claims service is crucial to the financial service rendered by SHA
- Client satisfaction and satisfactory resolution of claims is a priority to SHA and will be continuously monitored
- SHA is committed to employing suitably qualified, experienced and skilled claims staff to ensure that it can provide claims service to the highest standards
- SHA commits to ensuring that the Claims Teams have the necessary resources to meet their deliverables in terms of the SHA Claims Philosophy
- All SHA claims management processes are documented, communicated to all staff and accessible at all times.
- The claims management process is transparent and easily accessible to the Insured and its broker.
- The Insured will be kept informed of the progress of the claim at such intervals as may be reasonable, or when requested.
Contact us today
Our greatest growth opportunities come via your feedback
Reasons to insure with us
TOP 100 FINANCIAL MAIL COMPANIES
We are proud of our long standing association with majority of the top companies listed on the JSE
Our product range is geared up to protect the SME all the way up to the mega-corporate organisation
We employ a large team of specialists in our claims area, many of whom have legal qualifications or are admitted attorneys. This assures that our clients always get the most professional casualty claims service.
After 30 years we've seen most risks and our team of experienced underwriters are well positioned to tailor-make niche insurance solutions for any sized business across a diverse range of industries