Professional Indemnity insurance provides indemnity in respect of claims arising out of the conduct of professional services.
Cover is in respect of legal liability to pay compensation as a result of actual or alleged negligent acts, errors or omissions in the performance of professional duties. The indemnity covers both damages and defence costs.
We cover the full spectrum of traditional professionals including Accountants, Architects, Attorneys, Consulting Engineers, Insurance Intermediaries, Project Managers and Quantity Surveyors. We are also able to cover Corporates which render professional services and newer/emerging professions such as Technology Companies and BEE Verification Agents.
Available extensions include:
- Sub-contracted Duties
- Joint Venture and/or Consortium Agreements
- Liability following Employee Dishonesty
- Fees Recovery (legal expenses)
- Loss of Documents
- Claims Preparation Costs
- Breach of Copyright
- Breach of Confidentiality
Specialised covers include:
- Professional Indemnity for Design & Construct Activities
- Misappropriation of Trust Monies/Property Insurance for Attorneys
Choose a proposal form:
- Accountants and Auditors
- Architects, interior designers, town planners
- Assessors and loss adjusters
- Attorneys, notaries and conveyancers
- Consulting engineers, quantity and land surveyors
- Design and construct (build environment)
- Estate agents and valuers
- Misappropriation of Trust Funds
- Miscellaneous professions
- Project management only
- Technology professionals
- Tour operators and travel agents
For a list of the team members who specialise in this area please click here
Contact us today
We pride ourselves on having one of the most qualified and experienced PI teams in the market. If you are a broker we'd love to help structure something unique for your professional clients.
Reasons to insure with us
TOP 100 FINANCIAL MAIL COMPANIES
We are proud of our long standing association with majority of the top companies listed on the JSE
Our product range is geared up to protect the SME all the way up to the mega-corporate organisation
We employ a large team of specialists in our claims area, many of whom have legal qualifications or are admitted attorneys. This assures that our clients always get the most professional casualty claims service.
After 30 years we've seen most risks and our team of experienced underwriters are well positioned to tailor-make niche insurance solutions for any sized business across a diverse range of industries
Read the latest from the PI team